Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the sales code or what I need to tell the dealer to get them to know what they need to do to flash my system to work with my DIY back-up cam? The guy looked at my like I was insane and said they only have aftermarket options or I could get a lockpick.

·
Registered
184 Posts
FROM AN OLDER POST

Vehicle VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system functionality. Using
the DealerCONNECT website and the StarSCAN diagonstic tool, complete the procedure below:

1. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com
2. In the “Vehicle Option” screen under the “Global Claims System” category in the “Service” tab, enter the vehicle VIN
and add the sales code XAC (Park View Rear Back-Up Camera) as a “Dealer Installed Option”.
3. Confirm that the new sales code has been successfully added to the VIN.
With the StarSCAN diagnostic tool connected to both the internet (via Ethernet port or wireless connection) and the
vehicle, follow the steps below:
4. Using the StarScan select the VEHICLE PREPARATION and then select RESTORE VEHICLE CONFIGURATION.
5. Follow the step by step instructions on the StarSCAN to complete the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera vehicle
configuration.
6. When the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera Vehicle Configuration is complete, go to the Validation Process to
verify that the vehicle has been updated.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FROM AN OLDER POST

Vehicle VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system functionality. Using
the DealerCONNECT website and the StarSCAN diagonstic tool, complete the procedure below:

1. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com
2. In the “Vehicle Option” screen under the “Global Claims System” category in the “Service” tab, enter the vehicle VIN
and add the sales code XAC (Park View Rear Back-Up Camera) as a “Dealer Installed Option”.
3. Confirm that the new sales code has been successfully added to the VIN.
With the StarSCAN diagnostic tool connected to both the internet (via Ethernet port or wireless connection) and the
vehicle, follow the steps below:
4. Using the StarScan select the VEHICLE PREPARATION and then select RESTORE VEHICLE CONFIGURATION.
5. Follow the step by step instructions on the StarSCAN to complete the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera vehicle
configuration.
6. When the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera Vehicle Configuration is complete, go to the Validation Process to
verify that the vehicle has been updated.
:Thanx::beerdrinking:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more question... when the dealer does this are they flashing the vehicle or the head unit? I'm wondering if I swap out the 430 for a 430N later if I'd have to get it flashed again or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts