Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2002 tj, keep blowing fuse # 16 & getting codes 0031-0051 & 0136. It only happens when off roading. Any Ideas, could it be a bare wire shorting out. Thanks

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Looked up the codes from the service manual for you. Sometimes when you look them on the net they differ from what the factory says.

P0031 - 1/1 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Low
P0051 - 2/1 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Low
P0136 - 1/2 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction

So obviously it's a problem with the heater circuit wiring and or the O2 sensors. I'd first start and inspect the wiring and see if there is an chaffing, especially since you get this when offroading.

Is your jeep 6cyl or 4cyl? Is it a California emissions Jeep? When you look at the wiring diagram the California shows 4 o2 sensors and a different way of controlling the downstream o2 heaters.

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
All 2001 up have same wiring and sensors last year California was different was 2000

All 2001 and newer 4.0 have minicats and 4 sensors

In 2000 only calif had mini cats and 4 sensors

Given multiple heater sensors with codes, a PCM issues are also a sig possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Jeep has the 4.0 with 4 sensors. Thanks for the info. I will check all the wires to the sensors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 2002 tj, keep blowing fuse # 16 & getting codes 0031-0051 & 0136. It only happens when off roading. Any Ideas, could it be a bare wire shorting out. Thanks

Think that I found the problem. There's a head stud & bolt on the left rear side of the motor that the wire harness is rubbing against. Taped up the bare spot & put a piece if fuel line over the stud, then zip tied the harness to the stud. I will go off roading tomorrow to see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts