Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Jeep and I took our longest road trip this weekend so far. We went to Roush creek for some fun time. About 150 miles from my house, at about 100 miles in I got a check engine light. Igniton cycle showed 11(no crank reference signal detected during engine cranking. Intermittent loss of either camshaft or crankshaft position sensor. Ckp sensor target windows have too much variation ) and 12(direct batttery input to pcm was disconnected within the last 50 key on cycles.)

Id like to track this problem down today because sandy is on her way...everything is closing.

Start with the crank sensor?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
Did you drive through much debris, mud, etc? Perhaps the CPS area where it is bolted to the bell housing is packed with mud or similar? The CPS (crankshaft position sensor) is located up high on the driver's side where the transmission bell housing bolts to the engine. I wouldn't suspect the camshaft position sensor at this point, it's well protected inside the distributor housing.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't been wheeling at all in a few months did a lot of work to the jeep. Axle swaps and the like. This was the first time out...the trip up was through some HEAVY rain but no mud and all highway till the check engine light. The last 50 miles was back roads. Heading out now to check the area.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found where a plug goes to where the bell housing meets the motor. I can't actually see the sensor but its gotta be it. Only one I've ever done was on my wife's old honda and that was way more visable. Gonna give it a shot now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts