Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an error code B162C and B1630 (low beam control circuit high). Any ideas to fix this?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Using Google...

B162C is the Left Low Beam Control Circuit High.

Possible causes:
Faulty left low beam bulb
Left Low Beam harness is open or shorted
Left Low Beam Bulb circuit poor electrical connection
Faulty Front Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM)

B1630 is the Right Low Beam Control Circuit High.

Same possible causes.

I would start with the simple stuff like bulbs. Then start gently moving wires and see if things change. My instinct says TIPM...just because it is a common item between the two.

If it's still under the 36K warranty, I would take it in. Let the dealer spend the money on it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Also, if you recently changed something, try reverting back to original and see if it goes away. Some LED headlights may not draw enough of a load for the system to sense the lamps are on.

On my 2017, we had to "tell" the computer we were using LED lights. That eliminated high beam flicker.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything seems to be working fine. Low beams light up, high beams work, fog lights all light up. Nothing flickers and all of them are LED. I switched the system to Quad LED beams. Would these codes trigger the check engine light?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also, if you recently changed something, try reverting back to original and see if it goes away. Some LED headlights may not draw enough of a load for the system to sense the lamps are on.

On my 2017, we had to "tell" the computer we were using LED lights. That eliminated high beam flicker.
for these lamp codes, such as: (These are my codes from my LED lights)

DTC Report for ECU: TIPMCGW
B162C Active Left Low Beam Control Circuit High
B1630 Active Right Low Beam Control Circuit High
B1634 Active Left Hi Beam Control Circuit High
B1638 Stored Right Hi Beam Control Circuit High

Do we know if changing the voltage works?

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
OP - you said you installed Quad LED lights. Are referring to the Quadratec LED lights? If so, they came with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) modules to also install to eliminate the flicker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts