Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Coil lift question

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  bvitale 
#1 ·
I'm trying to decide between a 2" REBB and a Rusty's 2" coil lift.
There's only about $100 difference and both come with longer shocks, but I don't know if there is any performance difference between a longer coil and a factory coil with a 2" spacer.
I plan on adding a winch in the next year too, so I'll need something that won't sag under the extra weight too. Do any of you have either of these setups, or can you help me understand the pro's and con's of each?

#5 ·
By doing a coil lift instead of a BB, you may be increasing the spring rate, which will reduce/eliminate the sag with a winch in the future. You can call or email the companies that you are looking at to see what the spring rates are.

#10 ·
aftermarket wheels. they are AR-23's i did find somewhere out there on the web i did a search in google for BFG MT reviews or something and found a guy with 15x8 stock tj wheels on a tj running 32's without spacers or anything? also if you just do a 2'' BB and dont do a a body lift im sure thats halfway to the spacers you need. my wheels were 95 apeice and tires were 165 apeice. also you can look into khumo's mud terrian. not the new style one but their older tread pattern similar to BFG's they are pretty cheap around 130 i think.

i think the xtra width really makes a jeep look nice :)

#11 ·
Hey man. I have 32's on mine. I am running 2"spacers, a 1"BL, and stock wheels. I did get the wheel spacers cause I was getting some rubbing in the rear. With no articulation you will rub the inside wall on the spring perch. I just tapped the perch but was unsettling for me. You never know what will happen. I got my spacers for $100 for all 4 from this guy http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHEE...tegoryZ42614QQihZ004QQitemZ140046670200QQrdZ1. It is worth it in my opinion. And I get almost no rub at full articultion. Just a little bit on my narow stock flares. Hope that helps you.

Later,
Brandon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.