Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just wanted to know if anyone would know the difference in ride quality between the two. I currently have a 2.5 inch teraflex coil lift with bilstein 5100's. Im not really happy with the ride quality, really stiff. Would going to a rubicon express superflex suspension lift improve the ride quality. I understand that its a jeep, and not a luxury vehicle, but i feel like theres no give when I hit a bump, and the ride is horrible on a dirt road.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Most people compare a coil to a spacer lift. The 2 things mentioned in your post are very similar. I would not change your teraflex lift. I would change your bilsteins. Those are on the top of the "stiffy" scale. If you are looking for softer switch to Rancho 9000 that you can adjust or 5000x that are not adjustable and are less money.

Shocks are easy to swap to try. Talk to the shop that did your lift and they might swap you to the cheaper ranchos for nothing.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
^ are you sure the 5100's are causing the harsh ride and not the TF spring coil pressure rate ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wanting to do upgrades in the near future, gonna do 35's, 5.13 gears, and a bumper with a tire mount, tire shakes the tailgate pretty bad. Wanted to make sure I didn't have to do a whole new lift to improve ride quality. If I replace the shocks, and that doesn't improve the ride, what would the next step be?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts