Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When changing the plugs on my '15 JKU is it common practice to change the coil packs also? I'll change the boots and gaskets for sure as well as the PCV valve, but not sure coil packs need to be swapped out.

·
Registered
879 Posts
No

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So at 100,000 miles and still good to go?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
At 100,000 miles I might just go ahead and change them.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I am about to change the plugs on my wife's Ford five hundred. Since you got two yesses and two nos I'll tell you what I am going to do. replace the coil packs under the intake manifold. That'll give me three spares for the front if and when I ever need them, and piece of mind knowing the upper intake won't have to be pulled in the near future.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am about to change the plugs on my wife's Ford five hundred. Since you got two yesses and two nos I'll tell you what I am going to do. replace the coil packs under the intake manifold. That'll give me three spares for the front if and when I ever need them, and piece of mind knowing the upper intake won't have to be pulled in the near future.
My thought was really why not? If the top has to come off let's spend the money and replace the easy to access parts. I'm probably going to do the serpentine belt, not sure if it's called for or not, but why not be safe. It'll have 100,000 miles on it. I'd probably look at the oil filter housing too, but that's not leaky and entails a lot more work from what I've read.

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
Reactions: jeepers29

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
If you do change them out, could I snag one of your old ones for a trail spare, just in case.

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Not sure they’re worth the cost. Chrysler probably spent a billion dollars developing that engine. I doubt they miscalculated the energy levels needed to have proper ignition.
But the 10-20HP!

Quoted from link below
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What is a coil pack? a coil pack is like a large capacitor that generates spark energy for each individual spark plug during each engine revolution. Stock or OEM Coils are weak and don't deliver an efficient amount of energy, they work at a minimum requirement from the factory and perform poorly. The RIPP High Performance Coils are totally redesigned and re-engineered to add an additional 10-20HP! . This translates to better MPG, a more responsive throttle input and over all better driving experience when installed.

These coils are a direct swap to all 3.6 Pentastar Mopar Cars, Trucks, Jeeps and SUV's. They are guaranteed to be an improvement over those old weak, crusty factory coil packs.

100% Compatible with supercharged and non-supercharged engines.

100% Bolt-on. NO MODIFICATIONS NECESSARY

Features:

10% More Power then OEM coilpacks
Direct swap with oem, plug and play
Highest quality internal components and finish
MOPAR ORANGE high temperature heat resistant outer housing and boot.
Supercharged or naturally aspirated, the coil packs can be used in either variation!
Includes all 6 coilpacks
Improved Throttle Response
Improved MPG
No Tuning Required!!
Direct Bolt On Installation - Simply remove and replace.
Heavy duty primary core winding.
Higher quality Iron core with stronger laminations.
Increased amount of secondary core windings.
Sustained power delivery even at high RPM operation
High Density Polymer Orange Housing.
Heavy Duty, high-temperature, epoxy filled housing resists shock and vibration. Our dielectric compound completely penetrates coil windings assuring perfect insulation even upon exposure to high voltage conditions. Engineered to resist humidity, wear, vibration, impact and chemicals such as gasoline, oils and brake fluids. Will not degrade or crack even under severe thermal cycling.

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
10-20 hp from just 10% more power than OEM?
I'm sure that's under certain conditions. Like the condition that you have one of their superchargers installed or something like that.

They do happen to be orange however, which is my accent color so for me it's an automatic 5HP increase for everything I add that's orange. YMMV

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
I'm sure that's under certain conditions. Like the condition that you have one of their superchargers installed or something like that.

They do happen to be orange however, which is my accent color so for me it's an automatic 5HP increase for everything I add that's orange. YMMV
My color accent is black, so the OEM is worth 10hp to me!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Imagine if it were that simple to gain any mpg increase oem’s would be all over it.

Reactions: jdinny

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts