Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Rubicon and just bought a RC series 2 2.5 spacer kit. My question is, the directions say to disconnect the sway bars removing the bolts. Can I just do the electronic disconnect instead? Also, is there anything else that's going to be different about installing this on the Rubicon? I've installed the same kit on a sport and on a Sahara. Thanks

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Your going to disconnect the sway bar links. Actually if I remember correctly you move the stock links to the front (they are longer) and install new rears. Or vise versa - I can't remember.

I don't recall needing to unlock the sway bar. Not even sure if the nanny system would let you go that, or keep it unlocked while wrenching.

Only thing that wasn't per instructions on my 2014 JKUR was the brake line brackets. Can't recall the details, but I improvised with some other stuff I had laying around.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Your going to disconnect the sway bar links. Actually if I remember correctly you move the stock links to the front (they are longer) and install new rears. Or vise versa - I can't remember.

I don't recall needing to unlock the sway bar. Not even sure if the nanny system would let you go that, or keep it unlocked while wrenching.

Only thing that wasn't per instructions on my 2014 JKUR was the brake line brackets. Can't recall the details, but I improvised with some other stuff I had laying around.
rear links are used on the front so you might as well disconnect them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.