Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently installed a Rampage stubby bumper on the front my stock JK Sport S 2 door. This added roughly 45 pounds to the front and it's probably sagging a little, not that I can notice. However, I've read other threads where people recommend using stiffer coil springs. Now, I know one route is to apply a lift, but to honest, I use my Jeep as my daily driver and only real offroad it gets is dirt roads to my cabin and spots in the woods to get to mountain biking trails, which stock is more than capable.

My front coil springs end with 14. I've read somewhere that someone used a take-offs of 16 and swapped them? Would you recommend this? And if so, what all do I need for the install? Is it a simple swap out and in?

Thanks for the help and input.

Best,

Chris.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have some sag in my rear from aftermarket bumper and things. I just purchased some coil spacers from extreme terrain. That will lift it right up and they inexpensive.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Putting 4dr springs on a 2dr is a common mini-lift. You get approx 1/4" of lift for each increase in #. So if you put on a pair of 18's, you would get about 1" of lift in front. I think it actually works out to a little more than that, but every Jeep is a little different.

It is a simple swap out unless you get more than 1.5" of front lift and then you need to put on longer sway bar links.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks for the input guys. I definitely remember reading someone saying they upgraded from 52126314AC to 52126316AC on a Stock Sport S 2 Door and it resolved the sag, but they also added a winch. I think I'll grab the 16's and try them out as they're only like $20.

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
Putting 4dr springs on a 2dr is a common mini-lift. You get approx 1/4" of lift for each increase in #. So if you put on a pair of 18's, you would get about 1" of lift in front. I think it actually works out to a little more than that, but every Jeep is a little different.

It is a simple swap out unless you get more than 1.5" of front lift and then you need to put on longer sway bar links.
Awesome, thanks for the input guys. I definitely remember reading someone saying they upgraded from 52126314AC to 52126316AC on a Stock Sport S 2 Door and it resolved the sag, but they also added a winch. I think I'll grab the 16's and try them out as they're only like $20.
I have a JKU (4dr), and am soon to put my lift on. My springs are a couple of numbers higher...you're welcome to have them, just pay shipping cost from here to you.

PM me if you are interested.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
What size springs are they? My fronts are currently 14, so I think 16 will work best.
I would try for 17's or 18's to offset your added weight and get rid of some of the factory rake. You could also pick up the rears that are available or look to add a 1/2" spacer to the rear to level it out if needed.

These are almost always a work in progress since every Jeep is a little different.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would try for 17's or 18's to offset your added weight and get rid of some of the factory rake. You could also pick up the rears that are available or look to add a 1/2" spacer to the rear to level it out if needed.

These are almost always a work in progress since every Jeep is a little different.
Pressurized,

Setting aside the factory rake, what springs size would you recommend to offset the weight? I wish I had measured before installing, but I know the additional weight is 40-45 pounds. I just want to get it back to its factory stance for now. At some point, I'll look to invest in the teraflex performance leveling kit, but not now.

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
40-45 lbs is not a lot and I really doubt would cause more than a quarter in sag at most.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Swapping anything in but 18/59's or 19/60's is a waste of time. Especially on a 4 door. You're just not gonna see enough lift Unfortuanetly. I have a 2 door with 18/59's and 3/4" spacers and im about 2.5" of lift.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Did you have to get longer links up front?
Yea i added a bunch of stuff over time. Longer shocks (rancho 7000 mts) rear track bar bracket (teraflex) rear brake line extensions. JKS 0-2" disconnects up front. JKS trackbar. Im sure im missing something else lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts