Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a 3" suspension lift on my 06 TJ and the front has been sitting lower than my rear ever since. Both are still lifted, just the front seems to "sag" more. A friend told me that I should look into coil spring spacers (leveling kit?) for the front ? Is this a good remedy or should I pursue other options? Also is it Ok to put them just on the front as opposed to both front and rear?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Some will use a 3/4"-1" spacer to compensate for a heavy front bumper/winch.

·
Registered
969 Posts
What I did was I measured the top of my tire to the bottom of my stock fender front and rear and decided the difference with the right coil spacer size to use. You want the rear to be slightly higher than front to accomadate the passengers in the back seat. It give it 1/2 higher in rear.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Rear should be half inch to an inch higher than front. Your supposed to have RAKE in the vehicle when its unloaded. Otherwise when you load up with passengers and gear you end up sagging in the rear. The vehicle is not supposed to sit level unloaded.

·
Super Moderator
6,896 Posts
what if you dont have your rear seat in and have no plans for a rear passenger?

After I put my winch on, I decided to get 3" front springs and keep my 2" rears. now its just about level, .25" lower in the front

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no winch or aftermarket bumper yet so there should be nothing abnormal sagging it down in the front. I'll measure and see what the difference is.

·
Super Moderator
6,896 Posts
I have no winch or aftermarket bumper yet so there should be nothing abnormal sagging it down in the front. I'll measure and see what the difference is.
the front is lower from the factory for aerodynamics, man thats hard to say when talking about a jeep. unless you added spacers or different springs in the front, the rake will be there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts