Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now i have a 4" skyjacker, if its some work would it be worth it for a trail rider n mudder n not rock crawler?

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's worth it if you want the adjustability and tuneability. I have 14" King coilovers and I love the ability to fine tune my ride height down to the milimeter. Dual rate springs that are easily changable is nice too. They are also the last shock you'll ever need to buy. King will rebuild them for $50

The bad: They are noisy, the slider that sits between the springs bangs as it loads and unloads. (I think there's a fancy slider that alleviates this but I don't have em) Annnnnnnnd They are freaking expensive.

·
Vendor
80 Posts
Right now i have a 4" skyjacker, if its some work would it be worth it for a trail rider n mudder n not rock crawler?

For what you are using it for I would not recommend it. Coil overs and mud tend to cause problems unless you are good about cleaning it right after you are done. Go with a good set of coils and a gas charged shock if you are looking for a better ride.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cloaked Willys said:
For what you are using it for I would not recommend it. Coil overs and mud tend to cause problems unless you are good about cleaning it right after you are done. Go with a good set of coils and a gas charged shock if you are looking for a better ride.
Alright thanks for the input and info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts