Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,998 Posts
I hear my coils making to much of a squeek for anything, especially when I get off the car. What can I do about it ?
What lift and who installed it? Are you sure that all of the spring isolators were put back in properly?

·
Registered
452 Posts
You can check the coils seating to make sure they are on the proper isolators, but if so a coil shouldn't make much of a noise unless it was say rubbing on something. Check for other components like bushings for a "squeak".

RK

·
Registered
485 Posts
Do you have urethane control arm bushings or urethane shock bushings?

·
Registered
52 Posts
1. like stated above if someone did not put the isolaters in properly the springs could squeak
2. stock control arms and a 2.5in lift could be a bad angle on the bushings could cause a squeak
3. could be sway bar end links
4. they ask about the bushings because the urtheane bushings get dry and can cause a squeak will not hurt the bushing but they do make a grease just for the urtheane bushings.
i think daystar makes some.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Another thing to check is if your coils are seated properly on the axle side. there is a little grove on the mount that the end of the coil sits in. If your coil is twisted at all it can cause some squeaking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.