Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im starting to second guess how hurricane sandy is gonna hit my area and i think its gonna hit me really bad. I have a few family members that i need to drive into work i have a cai on my jeep and do you guys thinks ill be alright hitting huge puddles without sucking up water?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
shouldn't be a problem..the only thing that the small amount that it sucks in will do is take some of the built up carbon off the tops of your pistons which is a good thing

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright im just startin to get a little nervous with all of the hype is there a way i can waterproof anything else that shouldnt get wet? Like my distributor or anything along the lines of that

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Alright im just startin to get a little nervous with all of the hype is there a way i can waterproof anything else that shouldnt get wet? Like my distributor or anything along the lines of that
probably is but I am not up on that..I would think that you would be okay unless you got in some deep water...as far as the water in the air intake..when I was growing up it was a common practice to dribble water into the carb while the engine was running to clean the carbon out of the combustion chamber

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Old school racers would inject water into their motors, its a good octane booster too.

But to answer your waterproofing question, I would just grab a can of WD-40. If you putter out after a puddle, pop the cap and spray it in there to displace the water and you should be good to go. Or, if you are really worried about it, tape a ziploc bag around your cap.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was just at the mud bog races last night and all the racers were spraying down everything electrical under the hood with silicone spray to displace the water.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Don't blast through any water fast. That makes it more likely to get into your intake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts