Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a cold air intake for 1995 jeep wrangler, im woundering what one i should get or if i should even get one or if it would help me any? Im curious with mud and all but yeah and help i appreciate it thanks

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I have one I like it. It doesn't really change much in my eyes. Just sucks more air. If you mud you gotta be careful because they suck up water.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
It is a matter of where you Jeep and whether or not water intrusion is an issue. HP gains are purely in the mind of the seller and the owner who installs them. I stayed with the stock because of water. But some are impressed with the difference. It does sound good when you install one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a K&N on mine an it has great sound an whistle to it an it makes it easy to clean out the filter cause there is no box around it just a few hose clamps if you have the 4.0l I'd say intake throttle body spacer an a full exhaust will make a power gain that is noticeable

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Build your own its way cheaper. I did mine I used a piece of 3" exhaust tubing (25$) and a filter ($30). I have since shortened it

ForumRunner_20121022_020011.jpg

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i do some mudding and alot of trail riding thats my concern just dont want mud and water in it

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I do rocks and trails I avoid mud and deep water.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
You can also get a kit with an enclosed filter. Check them out at quadratec.com they sell everything!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts