Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2013 Wrangler Sport Unlimited with the 3.6 and was looking to install a cold air intake. In the past I always used a K&N and called it a day but looking around I'm not sure if I should run somthing different. In the past I've used a throttle body spacer cat back exhaust and cold air intake for a simple milage performance upgrade until I could make mechanical upgrades. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Banks or AFE cold air intakes

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an afe on my 13 jku, im not sure I like it and heres why, it seems sloppy and does not respond as quick as the stock one. it sounds awesome with my muffler but lags? when I jump on it. hope this helps

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
K&N filters worse than your stock filter.

The stock filter flows very well.

You arent going to gain any noticeable power or mileage.

I run the banks, only because the PSC reservoir goes where the OEM airbox goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was also wondering if anyone is running a snorkel system and if they found any pros or cons

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I rode with an acquaintance who has an AEV snorkel, and his 3.6 sounds much more aggressive than my stock one. However, even he calls the thing a "dorkel", and that's the down side. They scream "I want people to think I'm cool so bad I'll do *this* to a $45k vehicle".

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Don't waste your money

I just picked up a 2013 Wrangler Sport Unlimited with the 3.6 and was looking to install a cold air intake. In the past I always used a K&N and called it a day but looking around I'm not sure if I should run somthing different. In the past I've used a throttle body spacer cat back exhaust and cold air intake for a simple milage performance upgrade until I could make mechanical upgrades. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Banks or AFE cold air intakes
Please google WARNING: "Hot Air" - Kenne Bell before making any decision. Normally aspirated or forced induction does not really matter. Ingesting hot under hood air is never a good thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts