Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, now that its getting nippy here in Pennsylvania, the zippers on the windows have been seeing a lot less use and the heat has been active.

Now, even when the heat is cranked up and on, there's cold air rushing in from under the dash. It seems to be coming from right under the steering wheel, between the drivers legs, and kinda behind the steering column. Anyone know what this might be? It sucks having the only cold part of me being my feet :/

Thanks"

·
Registered
665 Posts
It's from the air vent in the heater box on the drivers side. The cause is the flap in the box not closing. I usually just duct tape it up, haven't had a reason to remove the air box but when I do I'll repair it so I don't have to tape it every winter.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It's from the air vent in the heater box on the drivers side. The cause is the flap in the box not closing. I usually just duct tape it up, haven't had a reason to remove the air box but when I do I'll repair it so I don't have to tape it every winter.
You beat me to it! :thumb: This question pops up every year about this time! lol

A cold draft on a winter morning is no fun! Darn YJs! Wouldn't give mine up for nothing :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a broken cable behind my switches that caused me the same problem. On my YJ, I can move a lever over on the passenger side floor vent and it will close the driver vent as well. There's a lever to the right of the passenger floor vent that will close the vent door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts