Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from North Pole Alaska...
So, I had 32 below the other day. No, really. So, when I tell you something helps keep the heat in, Im not talking about on a 20 degree sunny day, Im talking about at 5 am, 32 below after you rig has sat all night. Yeah, that kind of cold. Driven alot of jeeps up here, but this time, I decided to see what I could do short of spray in insulation. And, I read a tip that was offhand mentioned in a post, I dont even remember where, that caught my attention. And I experimented with it. And it makes a difference like night and day. Really. No its not going to turn your jeep into a crown vic, but it will sure make a noticeable difference in not freezing your arse off. This magic trick? GIs will remember these.....a poncho liner. Draped over the roll bar, tied front and back and snugged slightly by safety pins the roll bar padding. So that it is like the tent liners we used in the military, draping off the tent with air pockets. That and the insulation factor of the poncho liner itself, well...I mean it was so noticeable the first time I tried it I just smiled....They are cheap, and most vets have one or 2 stashed. It really really makes a noticeable difference. When its above 0 now it gets darn warm in the day so i have to turn the heat off now and then. Anyways, Ill see about adding some pics when its light, but this ones pretty straight up and no brainer. Wanted to share to those that brave the cold...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A block heater, a battery blanket, a silcone oil pan heater and the silcone oil pan heater on the tranny pan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts