Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving in to work this morning and see a two door, no doors no top. 39° and overcast! Not for me lol.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
30 to 36 degrees going 65 mph up Parleys Canyon which is about 9,000 ASL. Yes it was cold! Did this for almost 2 months as I was too anxious to take my doors and top off when we had a nice break in the weather. Being that I couldn't put those on myself I just sucked it up.

The afternoons were absolutely wonderful though! Ended up driving through a couple of snow showers, some hail, etc. This year I will wait a little bit longer but then probably not :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Got stuck in traffic in my CJ5 back in the day in a snowstorm because someone up ahead got in a wreck. No doors, no roof, and no heater. 15 degrees and blowing snow barely cracked 10 mph in 2 hours. Caught a wicked cold then traded the CJ for a dirt bike about a month later lol.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
I remember riding my motorcycle around for 1/2 hour one time when it was 7*F below zero. It was cold but I tried to dress accordingly. I mainly did it just to say I did years later and so here I am. :)

I've also been known to do a 100 mile bicycle ride when the starting temp was 17*F above zero. That was a few years ago, too.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
...not Jeeping then, but 'in a Galaxy far away long long ago' (Bergdorf Idaho, actually) did the hot springs/jump out roll in the snow routine a few times....

gotta tell ya, it was invigorating whether a Jeep was involved or not....

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Low 50's completely naked. Freedom panels out in the 30's. I'll wait until 60 - 70's this year. 50's isn't too bad but just not as enjoyable as warm weather. Starting to get the itch though....

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I've been topless for the last few months and 30*-32* is probably the coolest this season. That was for the drive into work while wearing a light puffy down jacket & a knitted cap.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Probably just dipping into the upper 40's. With promise of a warmer afternoon.
Crank the heat and wear a fleece with North Face Shell.
Hood up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
First day I had my Wrangler, me and my buddy were installing some accessories when he asked if we wanted to make the news.

Keep in mind that there was 4ft of snow outside and -20c weather that day.

I did decide against lowering the windshield, removing doors and hardtop tho! :p

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First day I had my Wrangler, me and my buddy were installing some accessories when he asked if we wanted to make the news.

Keep in mind that there was 4ft of snow outside and -20c weather that day.

I did decide against lowering the windshield, removing doors and hardtop tho! :p
Lol, that's great.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Nothing like what you guys are posting. Low 50s the first weekend I had my first Jeep, and that was colder than I particularly enjoyed. I've gone as low as mid-40s with the top down and doors on.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have done 20 degrees topless, but with the doors on. I drive 40 miles one way to work, and wear an Ace Engineering heated hoodie. I actually have to turn the heat down some! Haven't had any days colder to try it out, but I think I could make it to Zero!

·
Registered
105 Posts
-7 degrees with 25mph wind gusts. Other car wouldn't start and I needed to get to work. Top had been off because i was cleaning out the interior while it was parked in the heated garage. 2 coats, face mask, snowboarding gloves.

The looks i got...

·
Premium Member
10,137 Posts
Once was stuck on Chair 15 at Mammoth Mountain.. About 10 chairs from the top. All power in the city was out... -10 degrees, wind was blowing 30-40mph. They couldn't get the backup generators started. Was up there for 1 hour..

After skiiing for 20 years, this was the defining moment..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts