Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Full coverage, not much of a price difference suprisingly for a male under 25 in NJ haha. Still paying close to 3k a year for my tj and yj with a clean driving record.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Full coverage, not much of a price difference suprisingly for a male under 25 in NJ haha. Still paying close to 3k a year for my tj and yj with a clean driving record.
holy cow, wife has one accident last 5 years and we live right outside Chicago. 05 & 06 LJ is $512 per 6 months. You are getting hosed

·
Registered
120 Posts
full. for me its not much difference - like <$10 month.
Yup, I pay around $75 extra a year to have comprehensive vs just liability. It helps that it's marked as a vehicle I put low mileage on (which isn't a lie, I don't drive for my commute :) ) but I was surprised, yet happy, when I learned it.

Compared to my 04 Explorer, which is worth about $8k less, that I saved $450 a year by dropping it down to liability. I don't know if the low mileage vs normal mileage is part of that but it's definitely confusing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
holy cow, wife has one accident last 5 years and we live right outside Chicago. 05 & 06 LJ is $512 per 6 months. You are getting hosed
Wow thays crazy, but thats the cheapest quotes I could get in NJ for decent coverage on both jeeps. However I just gave the insurance company a call and got a discount for my gpa in school and then I'll get another discount for going through the drivers ed course back in highschool (2.5 years ago). Lowered my payments to about $240 a month.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Full Coverage that includes 0$Glass replacement. Discount for only putting 7500 miles/yr plus all the other discounts. $60/month

·
Registered
538 Posts
More like sounds about right for NJ. Even when it was brand new and I was 21 I was only paying about $600 every 6 months for full coverage on my LJ including loan repayment here in GA.

·
Registered
120 Posts
He's a single male under 26 driving an SUVs that sounds about right
I don't think it should be that much. I'm a 24 year old male (25 tomorrow actually, that's neat) with 1 at fault accident back when I was 17, 1 single car claim, and a recent not at fault claim, and I pay $705 per year total for my Explorer with liability and my TJ with comprehensive. I apparently get a discount for being a AAA member and having taken driver's ed when I first got my license, but it doesn't take into account my CDL which I hear other people get discounts for.

If I had to pay $3k a year for insurance I just wouldn't drive.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't think it should be that much. I'm a 24 year old male (25 tomorrow actually, that's neat) with 1 at fault accident back when I was 17, 1 single car claim, and a recent not at fault claim, and I pay $705 per year total for my Explorer with liability and my TJ with comprehensive. I apparently get a discount for being a AAA member and having taken driver's ed when I first got my license, but it doesn't take into account my CDL which I hear other people get discounts for.

If I had to pay $3k a year for insurance I just wouldn't drive.
Trust me I thought about riding a bike haha. Ive done research into it and its just mainly because living in NJ you're more prone to getting into an accident, a lot of traffic, and the drivers here are nuts. I have friends in GA, where i grew up, that are the same age with jeeps and theyre paying nearly half of what I am. Moral of the story, save yourself from being broke and dont move to Jersey. I had progressive when I first bought my jeep and i was paying 320 a month..my jeep payment was 335. Switched companies and it dropped some. Oh, and Happy Birthday

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I believe Louisiana is one of the top 5 highest states for insurances in the country, I think it's #3. it sucks down here, I have full coverage because I don't have 10k to buy another vehicle incase mine gets totaled from some Mexican who doesn't have insurance, which happens a lot down here. I pay a little a tad less than 3k a year but I just switched to all state so I don't have any discounts or anything yet.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Another unseen cost of allowing illegals to use our system. Maybe the Pope should pay your insurance. I think most of the cost is the age of the driver, I do not think TJs are especially rated, in fact, I think they have a fairly low claim rate, so I thought.

J

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I've since put 25 to stern years ago, but my kids are getting close to driving age. I spoke with my agent not too long ago and was pleasantly surprised to find the TJ wasn't that expensive to insure. Even though 4x4 they have a high safety rating.

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Another unseen cost of allowing illegals to use our system. Maybe the Pope should pay your insurance. I think most of the cost is the age of the driver, I do not think TJs are especially rated, in fact, I think they have a fairly low claim rate, so I thought. J
The reason rates are so effing high isnt just because of illegals. Can almost guarantee there are more legal citizens driving around uninsured.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Something to check, when I lived in PA, a Jeep CJ with a back seat was considered/insured as a station wagon, without the back seat it was insured as an SUV, at a higher rate. Similar to how it got registered for the license.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in PA and sold insurance in Va for Geico years ago. I have an 04 TJ and my wife has a 14 Camaro RS (just a 6 cylinder as I love her and would like to keep her above ground) and they have exactly the same insurance rating score.

Correction - WE have an 04 TJ and SHE has a 14 Camaro RS. 😉

1 - 20 of 20 Posts