Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im waiting for My JCR Bumper and Ace Rock sliders to come in and I was wondering if anybody has had an accident with aftermarket bumpers/sliders on and if it helped in the collision at all.

Just curious on the amount of protection it adds to the wrangler is all.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Just remember, the force of a collision, has to go somewhere. The bumper may hold up but where has the force gone. I am not saying don't get an aftermarket bumper. I have one on both our jeeps. Just don't think they make you invincible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got my Jeep back from the body shop an hour ago ...

I had the Ace rock sliders and Mopar rock rails. My jeep is lifted about 3".

I was hit on the side pretty much from the middle of the front wheel to the middle of the front door -- by a moron running a red light.

The moron was driving a Lexus ES from 2006 or so. I had damage to the wheel, to the sliders and to the sheet metal just above the slider. I am certain that the damage to the Jeep would have been much worse with the Sahara side steps, but I also think the rock sliders somehow lifted the Lexus up to be able to hit the sheet metal. Especially with the Jeep lifted a few inches, there's no other explanation for her bumper getting into the sheet metal.

Bottom line, yes, the rails help in a collision -- but with shades of gray.

I have LoD rock sliders on order to replace the Ace and Mopar rails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts