Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody painted there center console/radio panels to match there jeep instead of overpriced stick on bezels? Pics please, im considering.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
It can work, just make sure you use good painting techniques or it will look ugly. My old roommate used to do this to his cars. Sometimes it would look good, then he'd decide to change the color and it would be full of runs or just cheap looking. Just keep in mind, if for any reason you think you will ever sell or trade the vehicle, painting it like that will send resell value in the gutter. Especially on a trade because the dealer has to replace those painted components before selling.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did my old TJ. It was eye catching. I am not worried about the quality, as I have plenty of experience there. I cleared my tj several times over after the prep, prime, paint. I waxed it everytime i armoraled the dash. Just visualizing. Want to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Gotcha, well if nobody has any pics, you could always take a pic of yours and try to photoshop it :D

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Mines color matched from the factory but then again my Jeep is Charcoal, lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I under prepped and am very unhappy with my work. scuff, wash, primer do it all very slowly. it was a 2 day project for me and now i drive around annoyed with myself, so take your time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts