Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really considering painting my flares to match my red tj after I saw this photo. If anyone has any input on reasons why I should or shouldn't please tell me. By the way I took the photo last night on my phone sorry about the quality haha.

Thanks everyone.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
go for it, just make sure you get the same shade red. I had a friend that did this to his grill on a car he had, and the reds weren't perfect, it looked half a$$ to say the least.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I'm not a fan of color matched flares... Black flares just look so much better to me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tallzdatank said:
go for it, just make sure you get the same shade red. I had a friend that did this to his grill on a car he had, and the reds weren't perfect, it looked half a$$ to say the least.
My dad owns a collision shop sooooooo ya all I have to say is DAD can you paint these :) lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TJspeed said:
I'm not a fan of color matched flares... Black flares just look so much better to me.
Ya thats how i was but for some reason they just pop. It looks clean thatd why I like it.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Sway Baby Sway said:
Ya thats how i was but for some reason they just pop. It looks clean thatd why I like it.
Its to much I think. It looks good with the darker colors but with the brighter ones not so much. I will admit red with matched fares looks better then yellow with matched flares.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TJspeed said:
Its to much I think. It looks good with the darker colors but with the brighter ones not so much. I will admit red with matched fares looks better then yellow with matched flares.
Eww I havent even seen it yet but I can just picture it......

·
Registered
31 Posts
its personal preference, if you aren't happy with the outcome, paint them black again. I've painted several things, several colors finding what I like best.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i say go for it. especially if you have the means as you stated.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GoldenSahara00 said:
Everybody wants to be a Sahara these days... :thumb: :rofl: Go for it. When you bump trees the paint cracks and it's harder to touch up, ask me how I know.
No intentions of being a sahara and I have a collision shop in the family which means free besides paint :-(

·
Registered
727 Posts
I say go with the color match and if it doesn't make you happy then bed line them!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I have to agree with TJspeed. I see the newer JK's with factory painted everything; hardtop, flares, etc and it's just way too much. Granted I was thinking of painting my ricochet rockers from Poison Spyder to match my jeep, but keep everything else black. Besides, black goes with everything :thumb: But who's to say you shouldn't do it? If you like it go for it, no one will stop you. May give you pros and cons, but otherwise eh, totally up to you to make it unique and to show your style.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I like my color matched flares. Besides touch up, i prefer colored flares.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have color matched flats and although I like them, I think black would look just as good or better. I didn't paint them but supposedly they were professionally painted. The down side is at least on mine, the paint is peeling on the undersides and doen't look real good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have color matched flats and although I like them, I think black would look just as good or better. I didn't paint them but supposedly they were professionally painted. The down side is at least on mine, the paint is peeling on the undersides and doen't look real good.
Your jeep looks great with the flares like that. I really like those style flares but something always irked me about the way the back ones looked but seeing them color matched I absolutely love it. I also dig the bumpers you have. Who makes those?

·
Registered
302 Posts
They are XRC's from Smittybilt. I have the matching with tire carrier in the rear as well.

I was thinking at first I liked the pocket flairs more but after looking at it for awhile I'm sticking with flats.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dklassen said:
I was thinking of getting the xenon 4" as well because your tj and another guy on jeepforum had a write up on them and they turned out very nice color matched.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts