Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New here and need new tires! I live in the Rocky mountains and am looking for recommendations for tires that will keep my 05 Wrangler Rubicon from falling off the mountain when searching out ghost towns and old mines. I want to up the size mildly and don't mind a body lift or even coils springs/shocks but not too drastic. This is a weekend toy only, not a daily driver - lucky me. 6 speed manual. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,673 Posts
Welcome to the Forum wldn06,

I'm running BFG AT KO2s 31 X 10.5 X 15.
I had a Cherokee with them and they held up real well.
I have 25K on the front tires and they still look like new. The rears are from another vehicle and are due to be replaced soon. I run them at 25 lbs, except when pulling my teardrop camper.

Naturally, everyone has their favorite tire and flavor of ice cream.
The BFG KO2 is now KO3. Slightly upgraded. I think it's the best all around tire for the mountains. I use my Jeep as a daily driver and a forest service road/easy trail rig.
Last year on the April Phools run the tires did great on the Bald Mountain Loop. The tread is a somewhat aggressive snow tire type.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The KO’s (and 3’ I’m sure) are great trail tires.
Will you be driving it in the snow also?
If so I would suggest looking at the Wrangler Duratracs.
Last summer I made the mistake of selling my wheels (old YJ, with fancy 18” wheels the PO put on) with Duratracs on them.
This past winter I drove my Jeep 3 times in the snow with MT’s on them.
I won’t make that mistake again. The Duratracs made a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
I think either the KO2 or the Goodyear Duratrac would be excellent choices.

Both can be had in the 31x10.5x15 size, both are excellent in bad weather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts