Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have 10 days off work and im planning a trip through Colorado(march 16th-20th) with a lady friend and dog. But since ive been through Colorado only once in my life im basing my trip off of books im reading and National forest websites. It always seems that allot of trails /campgrounds are closed until May/June. Ill be in leaving from NE New Mexico and wanting to travel through southern Colorado through Durango and into Arizona. Any Campsites/trails that are for sure open that I should really visit. Really any info would be great I just want to make the most out of my trip.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Most of the trails & forest service roads w/ off-road campsites are closed right now due to snow. Might be some pay campsites open. Even late March has a good chance of snow & cold. Honestly, I would suggest doing the hotel/motel thing this time of year. You can still have a good time though!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Yea, Coming in March, you could bring your skis and snow shoes. Not much open for Jeeping anywhere that's interesting this time of year.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great time of year for Moab trails, and not a bad trip from the Durango area. Come back for summer in CO.
Thanks, I'm gonna start at mills canyon, Nm and 2nd stop is Zapata falls camp ground. I'll be heading to durango area after that. Then South east Utah for a nite then to the Grand Canyon .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts