Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah comealongs will get you out but expect to spend a long time getting unstuck. Try and find a fence wire puller, its much more useful and easier to use. Get the best one you can afford and get a snatch block to double the pulling power.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Comealongs are better than nothing but a lot of work. I've worked my share of them when I was a kid. So, be sure to take a big strong kid with you to work it :rofl:

Like Baby Huey said, h lift jacks will work too, but they're even slower than the comealong. Still, beats having to walk out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I tried the come along for about an hour. Then a jeep with a winch showed up and got the job done in minutes. That is the day I decided to get one.

Here is my cost break down.
$400 for a low cost winch.
$250 for a mounting plate and hardware.
$100 for tree straps, pully, D rings, gloves ...

The come along is better than nothing. But I would try every other option first. Use your shovel, jack, traction mats, and creativity before you pull that tool out of the bag.

·
Commercial Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried the come along for about an hour. Then a jeep with a winch showed up and got the job done in minutes. That is the day I decided to get one.

Here is my cost break down.
$400 for a low cost winch.
$250 for a mounting plate and hardware.
$100 for tree straps, pully, D rings, gloves ...

The come along is better than nothing. But I would try every other option first. Use your shovel, jack, traction mats, and creativity before you pull that tool out of the bag.
Heh, okay, I'll start working on the wife.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts