Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over Easter the wife wants to go and see Kartchner Caverns. We have been to Arizona before but usually north of Phoenix. (Page, Sedona, ETC) This is south, in fact its south of Tucson. We were thinking of hitting Tombstone on another day. Does anyone have any other ideas of things to see in southern Arizona. Any off roading, state or national parks we shouldn't miss. This is going to be a 5 day trip over Easter so we have time to see some stuff.

PS don't tell the California guys but your state is freakin AWESOME.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Over Easter the wife wants to go and see Kartchner Caverns. We have been to Arizona before but usually north of Phoenix. (Page, Sedona, ETC) This is south, in fact its south of Tucson. We were thinking of hitting Tombstone on another day. Does anyone have any other ideas of things to see in southern Arizona. Any off roading, state or national parks we shouldn't miss. This is going to be a 5 day trip over Easter so we have time to see some stuff.

PS don't tell the California guys but your state is freakin AWESOME.
Welcome and have fun! Oh, and PLEASE don't tell anybody else either, because it IS awesome!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Tucson

For on-the-road fun, there is the town of Bisbee. The Copper Queen hotel is haunted (if you are in to that) and some of the rooms are purported to be especially haunted. Copper Queen Hotel - Bisbee, Arizona

The Copper Queen mine is a nice tour. I'm dont' like tight spaces but this is a BIG mine. On the way down, you will drive through Tombstone if you like to see a glimpse into the old west. Take a Queen Mine Tour

If you are into airplanes, in Tucson there is the Air Museum and a couple of airplane bone yards. The boneyards are only open weekdays (one military and one civilian) ADMISSION & HOURS

There are tons of off road trails in southern AZ. This guy is from Tucson, so a good deal of his trails are south of Phoenix.
What to do in Az - Experience AZ 4WD Adventures

We haven't had a chance to run many of his southern routes but we plan to run a couple before the heat sends us up north to the high country. Speaking of high country, there is the Mt. Lemmon highway. Up at the top there is a small community of summer log homes and there is a restaurant for lunch. Of course, you can always use the trail method to get there instead: http://azoffroading.com/arizona-trails/backway-to-mt-lemmon/

Happy Trails,
Bob

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All great info. Thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts