Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hitting Lake Havasu City on the weekend of May 2nd and 3rd, then heading to Sedona for a week. It's the first time that I'll be driving the Jeep down there and was looking for some trail recommendations. More interested in scenic beauty than pure technical difficulty since my wife and I will be alone and I have to be able to drive it the 800 miles or so home after leaving Sedona, but also don't want to just do dirt roads either. I've been wheeling moderate and difficult trails in Colorado for over 20 years. The only experience I have in the desert was 4 days in Moab a few years back. I have the Fun Treks (Charles Wells), Arizona trail guide book, but was also looking for trail recommendations from the locals.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
In Sedona, Broken Arrow and Soldiers Pass are pretty popular. You can drive up Mongollon Rim via the Schnelby Hill Rd trail too. There is a group of trails out by some ruins you can visit too, they are Outlaw, Greasy Spoon and maybe another one. All those trails are in your book you have and is what I'd recommend.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Sedona, Broken Arrow and Soldiers Pass are pretty popular. You can drive up Mongollon Rim via the Schnelby Hill Rd trail too. There is a group of trails out by some ruins you can visit too, they are Outlaw, Greasy Spoon and maybe another one. All those trails are in your book you have and is what I'd recommend.
Thanks! I'm going to get my book and look up those trails!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Vampire Mine in Parker and the Back Road to the Desert Bar are nice drives. Nice scenery and a couple of fun technical spots. I have a stock Willys and do just fine. I live in Parker so if you need something you can send a PM.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vampire Mine in Parker and the Back Road to the Desert Bar are nice drives. Nice scenery and a couple of fun technical spots. I have a stock Willys and do just fine. I live in Parker so if you need something you can send a PM.
Thanks. We were planning to hit the desert bar today, but found out they closed for the season last weekend. Ended up boating on the lake today instead of wheeling. Good thing too, as boating at 103 degrees was probably the better choice. We were at the sand dunes for a while this afternoon. Planning on boating to the north tomorrow, so we probably won't get out wheeling until we hit Sedona next week.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would suggest boating as well. Where are you staying. What kinda boat you got we live right on the river. I'll keep an eye out for you.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We've been staying in Lake Havasu City. My niece has a nice boat so we missed out on 4 wheeling down here. Hit 3 dunes north of Parker yesterday and today we went up to A cool restaurant with a pool and boat docks up north at Topock. Tomorrow we're heading through Parker and over to Prescott for lunch before getting into Sedona. At least it should be cooler, in the 80's so we are going to run the trails suggested earlier in this thread while we are there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts