Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday August 7th through Friday August 14th.

My wife and I are driving the Jeep from Colorado to Missoula, MT. She is from there. We are visiting my mother in law and my wife will be running in a half marathon on Saturday the 8th.

I'm trying to meet up with some local Jeepers for a trail run or two. I have been in contact with "jadmt" and we are going to try and connect on Monday Aug 10th.

I would love to try and meet up and do some trails if anyone is interested in showing this guy from Colorado around some Montana back country.

Send me a PM and I can give you my cell if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will be pulling into Missoula Friday night. If anyone wants to go take the Jeeps out let me know. Sunday is out due to the wife running a half marathon that day. Send a PM. WOULD LOVE to meet some fellow WF Jeepers in Montana

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
it looks like Monday is iffy for me right now as it looks like I need to run over to Bozeman. If that changes I will call you. If you are up for meeting the Missoula brewery Monday evening I would be up for that.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it looks like Monday is iffy for me right now as it looks like I need to run over to Bozeman. If that changes I will call you. If you are up for meeting the Missoula brewery Monday evening I would be up for that.
Ok sounds good let me know. I hope it all works out good for you ! Moose Drool?" LOL

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to get the Jeep out thanks to a couple of guys from a local shop here in Missoula called J&K Customs. Jeremy and Will were fantastic to run with. We ran Blue Mountain Trail and made it all the way to the top / end of the trail. The views were beautiful and the weather was nice. Sunny and hot and the Bear Grass was in full bloom! Thanks guys, I had a great time!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I was able to get the Jeep out thanks to a couple of guys from a local shop here in Missoula called J&K Customes. Jeremy and Will were fantastic to run with. We ran Blue Mountain Trail and made it all the way to the top / end of the trail. The views were beautiful and the weather was nice. Sunny and hot and the Bear Grass was in full bloom! Thanks guys, I had a great time!
Very nice. Jeremy is a great guy and does a lot for the local club.

Reactions: BigSkyJK

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice. Jeremy is a great guy and does a lot for the local club.
Jeremy and Will are great guys and I am impressed with how much they do working with the forest service to maintain the trail. I learned some history of the trail and the area. I'm pretty amazed at the Bear Grass that was growing all over. The views from the top were beautiful. The horse flys were brutal but it was well worth it. I think I saw a horse fly that was big enough to carry away my small dog....:jawdrop:

Jadmt, sorry we were not able to hook up for a run. Maybe next time my friend!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shit, it's August already?
I am so sorry...My first post said I was coming in August. I meant July. I had my Ouray, Colorado trip on my mind when I posted that....sorry and thanks for pointing that out... :tomatoes:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Glad you had a good time up here; this place truly is heaven-sent. I'm sure you're no stranger to incredible views being from Colorado, but there's just something about western Montana that feels different. I've been all over the world and when I moved here 2 years ago I stumbled across, for the first time in my life, a home.

Wouldn't rather live anywhere else in the world. Except maybe at Megan Fox's house.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts