Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,637 Posts
I have bought ex-leases and rental returns before that turned out to be great vehicles.

Having said that, FCA has indeed changed Jeep Wrangler’s rules on engagement forever.

It takes a lot more time, a lot more research, a lot more test driving and shopping, a lot more haggling, and a lot more due-diligence to buy a JL.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Anyone who has ever been to Hawaii knows that wranglers have been the rental vehicle of choice forever.

Reactions: BERT1

·
Super Moderator
10,637 Posts
Indeed. But those rentals were mostly confined to HI. JL rentals are now popping up everywhere on the contiguous 48.

I came close to buying a rental return 2018 JL through Carvana. They dragged their feet to the point that I backed out of the deal; a week later I found a NEW leftover 2018 JL for similar price. Given the amount of electronics on my JL, I am happy to have 36 months of factory warranty rather than only 12 months remaining.

It is mind boggling the number of cookie-cutter JLs with 20,000 to 30,000 miles clearing through Carvana and Vroom on a given week.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you mean by “2nd Rubicon in 4 months”?

Care to elaborate...?
It is not as cool as it sounds... When he rented one in New Orleans in August they gave him a Rubi. The last two weeks when he rented one in Orlando they gave him this white Rubicon.

It had 2k miles on it. I picked all over that Jeep and my brother couldn't care less about it. It was just a "ride" for him.

Not all rentals are as abused as many think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts