Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 2013 Commando Green JKUR in March from the dealership. This is my 4th Jeep but first from the JK line.

My most recent Jeep was a 05 TJ that I bought stock as well, but it ended up after 7 years, with a long arm lift and coilovers on all corners, a full cage, 5 point harness', etc. So I had a good idea what direction I was taking with the JKUR. I wanted a quality functional rock crawling lift but not as extreme as the TJ.....yet. So after much research I ended up choosing Synergy 3" Phase 3 lift with FOX shocks and upgraded to all 8 adjustable control arms. The lift also comes with a drag link replacement and flip kit. I also added a AEV Procal with the order.

I do all my own work, I installed everything in my garage as I've done for years. I like to know how it all works to be able to replace it if it breaks or to service it not to mention the hundreds to thousands of dollars saved in labor costs. I completed the rear end first as it was the easiest and fastest area to start. I chose (5) Trail Ready 17HD Bead Lock wheels with dual valves and slim rock ring, and (5) 37 X 13.50 X 17 Toyo tires to wrap around them also installed by me as NO tire shop will touch beads and at over $400 retail cost a piece, Id rather not have a tire boy touch them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I chose Ranchos front stubby bumper and rear tire carrier that suit my style of wheeling perfectly not to mention they were much less than $1K shipped all together. I mounted a ENGO 10K lb winch and swapped the steel line for Master Pull Syn color match green line with the 20K lb swivel hook and 2 D-Rings up front.

I fabbed up a front hoop to protect the winch and tapped it to mount my LED light bar, I also mounted a pair of 3 X 2 LED light bars to the windshield.
I Plasti Dipped the front grill , did the DIY mesh grill mod, and had to cut the factory fender flares to accomidate the 37's.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I chose the EVO Pro Tek skid plate armor kit for underneath. That kit is stout.

I did the DIY 48" Hi-Lift mount to the rear roll cage. Mounted my fire extinguisher with a quick disconnect mount on one side and mounted my 10LB CO2 tank to the other side, all of it fits perfect with the hard top on.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!!

I found I had plenty of room between my tire carrier and tailgate so I chose to mount (2) 2 gallon RotoPax on their universal mount to the tailgate using the factory spare tire bolt locations, super strong.

I did the license plate delete with snap in cover, and the GenRight relocation kit to the spare tire.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I liked the Drake style hood latches other than the inflated price so I built my own for $11 bucks a side.

I upgraded my rear D44 diff cover to a HD diff cover and color matched it. I also welded on Synergy front lower control arm skids and revisited the suspension not liking the front rake I installed a Synergy 3/4" leveling kit to it.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Great looking rig!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice Jeep. I like the hilift mounted inside, cool idea.

Thank you!! It keeps it inside from the rain and snow/rust. The rear 37 spare takes away nearly all the rear view so the HiLift location is no big difference lol.

I have installed a MidLand CB with 3' Firestick and a 4DR Spiderweb shade, more to come. So far it has wheeled HolyCross trail in CO and Moab without a problem.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now you just need to paint or replace that big ugly muffler

YEP!!! I hate it, have to get some hi temp rattle black, no reason the replace it with a AFE or Banks till I flatten it off roading, I came close once :thumb:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Keeping with my Synergy build I did a set of their Rock Sliders "Boat Sides", super stout, mocked up, just need to shoot paint, no tubes or openings to get hung up on the obstacles. NO Smittybilt on this rig! :thumb:

Picked up this Green Trasharoo as well.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 42 Posts