Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I've come up with a list of parts that I THINK I need to do a 2" lift on my
2004 LJ 6cyl/Auto.

I have looked at lift kits and comments on this forum and I believe I have a solid foundation will all of the necessary parts.

I am by no means an expert, so will appreciate any comments on this list.

Old Man Emu:
Springs
Front and rear coil isolators
Bump Stop Spacers
Transfer case lowering kit

JKS:
Sway bar quicker disconnects
Adjustable front track bar
Adjustable rear track bar

Bilstein 5100 shocks
Monroe SC2928 Steering Stabilizer

COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS? Should I do brake line extensions?

Thanks, Joe

:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Suggestion: Call up Dirk at DPG Off Road and order his OME Ultimate Kit. It comes complete and no transfer case drop.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate it!

Suggestion: Call up Dirk at DPG Off Road and order his OME Ultimate Kit. It comes complete and no transfer case drop.
Hey Skrow,

I appreciate your input. I did look at that kit, but don't want a body lift and don't need engine mount spacers and if I piece together, can get the shocks that many here recommend (Bilstein 5100s).

As far as the transfer case drop, Quadratec

Old Man Emu 2" Suspension System for 04-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ Unlimited with Automatic Transmission - Quadratec

and Morris 4X4

Old Man Emu Suspension Kit - Wrangler TJ Morris 4x4 Center

both have the transfer case spacer kits in their OME 2" lift kits.

:beerdrinking: Joe

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I should consider the body lift/engine lift

Agreed. I just finished installing my lift last week and I'm very happy with it. Dirk is extremely helpful and will make sure you are getting just what your jeep needs.

Heres the link to what my jeep looks like afterwards:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/finished-product-1619601.html

-Danielle

Thanks for your input Danielle. I didn't know that's why the engine and body lift is used. To keep from dropping the transfer case.

At least that's what appears to be the case!!

Joe

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Skrow,

I appreciate your input. I did look at that kit, but don't want a body lift and don't need engine mount spacers and if I piece together, can get the shocks that many here recommend (Bilstein 5100s).

As far as the transfer case drop, Quadratec

Old Man Emu 2" Suspension System for 04-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ Unlimited with Automatic Transmission - Quadratec

and Morris 4X4

Old Man Emu Suspension Kit - Wrangler TJ Morris 4x4 Center

both have the transfer case spacer kits in their OME 2" lift kits.

:beerdrinking: Joe
Curious as to why you would rather do the t-case drop? There are no disadvantages to a small body lift (in fact there are several advantages), and with the MML you don't lose any clearance like you do with the t-case drop. Also, Dirk was willing to work with me when I bought the Ultimate Lift Kit since I already had some of the parts. I'm sure if you said you wanted everything but the shocks, he'd work out a deal for you - then you could get the shocks you want. Just an idea. :)

(EDIT) Don't know why, but I just saw your last post. Yes - the BL/MML is to avoid the T-case drop. I would definitely recommend it. And it only took a few hours to install.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
You won't need a t-case drop or a motor mount lift for a 2" lift on an LJ. Save your $'s, your clearance, and the looks of your Jeep.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just ordered OMU ultimate!

Agreed. I just finished installing my lift last week and I'm very happy with it. Dirk is extremely helpful and will make sure you are getting just what your jeep needs.

Heres the link to what my jeep looks like afterwards:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/finished-product-1619601.html

-Danielle
You won't need a t-case drop or a motor mount lift for a 2" lift on an LJ. Save your $'s, your clearance, and the looks of your Jeep.

Thanks for all of your input - I just ordered my OME Ultimate from Dirk!

Now.......looking at rims! Joe

:beerdrinking:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts