Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to run to home depot this weekend to pick up some tools for the jeep and would like to know what tools people use that are the most effective, and what size wrenches are needed for most of the bolts.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
The T30 and T40 come in quite handy for the tops

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Subd, good thread

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
18, 19 and 21mm sockets/wrenchs. really a full mm set from 10-21mm is great. torque wrench and impact drill are also awesome, and a jack that can actually get your tires off the ground. a good set of torks is good too, from 10-40

·
Registered
51 Posts
i went to sears and bought a 12" tool bag fits perfect in the stow compartment under the rear floor.

i bought a ratcheting screwdriver with changeable tips, wrench set craftsman with universal tooth design 7 wrenches total 9-17mm i think (picked up an 18 as well) a set of needlenose pliers, cutting pliers, a decent size socket set, and adjustable wrench, pair of work gloves, some zipties, and electrical tape. this is purely for emergencies and is only used for trails i have another full set of tools for working on my jeep.

also make sure you have a kinfe of some sort and flashlight in there as well if you dont already. i picked up a small led flashlight from autozone for like 11.99 i keep in my center console.

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
Basically a good set of metric sockets and wrenches. You will probably get the most use out of a 3/8 drive, but if you start tooling around with control arms and the like you are going to need 1/2 drive. Those, and add in some TORX wrenches and a good torque wrench (unfortuantley you need two, one for low tourque (20-75lbs), one for high (50-250lbs). Throw in some jack stands, and you will be set for most things.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Zombie4x4 said:
i went to sears and bought a 12" tool bag fits perfect in the stow compartment under the rear floor.

i bought a ratcheting screwdriver with changeable tips, wrench set craftsman with universal tooth design 7 wrenches total 9-17mm i think (picked up an 18 as well) a set of needlenose pliers, cutting pliers, a decent size socket set, and adjustable wrench, pair of work gloves, some zipties, and electrical tape. this is purely for emergencies and is only used for trails i have another full set of tools for working on my jeep.

also make sure you have a kinfe of some sort and flashlight in there as well if you dont already. i picked up a small led flashlight from autozone for like 11.99 i keep in my center console.
Flashlight mod. Great place to keep a good sized light!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts