Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone thrown tough street tires on their MB72's rigged for 33's?

Is it possible to find a street tire for a 15" 33 MB 72 rim, or is it better to get another size rim?

I want to keep the 72's because I like the backspacing.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Yeah you could get a 31x9.5x15 and that would net you better mileage. They would be smaller but the lighter tire and less rolling resistance would be better for mileage. You're mpg isn't going to skyrocket tho. You might get 21 or 22 on the highway in a 2012. Is that worth buying a whole new set of tires? If you can find a set of 29" stock tires on the steelies that's going to be the most financially smart. The. When you go wheeling you can put your DT's back on

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah you could get a 31x9.5x15 and that would net you better mileage. They would be smaller but the lighter tire and less rolling resistance would be better for mileage. You're mpg isn't going to skyrocket tho. You might get 21 or 22 on the highway in a 2012. Is that worth buying a whole new set of tires? If you can find a set of 29" stock tires on the steelies that's going to be the most financially smart. The. When you go wheeling you can put your DT's back on

Yea, not worried about MPG, I am worried that my commute is really taking tread off my duratracs. I would like to find a street tire replace and keep the MB's.

I guess I would wear these out first...Didn't even think about the swapping out part, ugh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.