Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Willys, and I've noticed that the compass needs to be calibrated every once in a while. Not sure if this is common or not, and am wondering if it's something I'm doing.

When I start the Jeep, I usually drive straight away. Could it be that I need to sit where it's parked for a few seconds before driving away? Maybe the compass needs to settle in first. Thoughts??

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a 2014 Willys, and I've noticed that the compass needs to be calibrated every once in a while. Not sure if this is common or not, and am wondering if it's something I'm doing.

When I start the Jeep, I usually drive straight away. Could it be that I need to sit where it's parked for a few seconds before driving away? Maybe the compass needs to settle in first. Thoughts??
It just needs time to calibrate itself, you can also drive in a circle a few times in an open area to help it set. There's info about it in the owners guide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts