Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New Jeep owner and still learning the basics.

I got a soft top 2013 JKU and have been looking for hard top. I found a 2018 jku hard top but wasnt sure if there are any compatibility issues with using it on 2013 model. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
61,108 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Super Moderator
23,446 Posts
it will be a direct swap.

Reactions: jdinny

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,233 Posts
You're good to go. Just ensure the plug for the wiper/defrost is the same. You will have a wire bundle inside rear on the drivers side by the window strut. Pretty sure it is a male in the Jeep, female on the hardtop. Otherwise fitment is the same... assuming it is JK to JK or a JKU to JKU.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it will be a direct swap.
You're good to go. Just ensure the plug for the wiper/defrost is the same. You will have a wire bundle inside rear on the drivers side by the window strut. Pretty sure it is a male in the Jeep, female on the hardtop. Otherwise fitment is the same... assuming it is JK to JK or a JKU to JKU.
Thank you for the quick response. I will definitely check for the wire bundle for the harness. I was under the assumption that since it was softtop it didnt have the harness and i had to wire it if i wanted the rear defroster/viper to work. But i havent checked if the harness is already there.

·
Super Moderator
23,446 Posts
That's where it would be. Look under your hood and see if a hose is running back from the reservoir

1 - 8 of 8 Posts