Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Swapping my D35 out this in the coming week or so and seeing if there is any interest in it.

Out of a 99 TJ, 4.10's with no locker.

The good about it... I've been driving it daily, works fine. driver side brakes are done with new shoes, new drum, new brake cylinder. changed the diff fluid about 4 months ago and gears are in great shape. axle seals are good

the bad about it...the passenger side brakes are due, I have the shoes and brake hardware kit to go with it, just never did the passenger side, the drum condition unknown so figure on getting new and not turning it since the driver side was unturnable

the pinion seal is leaking (not dripping, just wet along the underside)

and the driver axle shows a slight wobble in the tire.

Say what :eek:. I believe the Previous owner slid into a curb or a rut and tweaked the mounting flange for the tire. If it was a bent axle then the seal would of been toasted by now...but either way a driver axle is needed. You could use your d35 driver axle as the replacement. Reuse one of your drums and get the seal in and you are golden:thumb:

I am mainly offering it up whole for the 4.10's, since it is so expensive to buy the gears and have someone install them, you can make this one right with your parts and swap the axle in with regular hand tools.

So...it can be classified as a rebuild-able driver (brakes are bought already, pinion seal is about 15.00, c-clip axle upgraded to cromoly shaft is about 130.00 if you don't reuse yours.

Or you can take the ring and pinion for the 4.10's and keep the axle shafts as spares, and keep all the new brakes parts as spares. then sell the case for a super 35 build to someone. All kinds of options:dance:

I don't know, up to you as to why you want it, I just know I don't need it.

Offer something up cash wise or even trade. I'll work with you on the shipping, I can pallet it up and have access to a loading dock so it can go freight, or maybe we can call U-Ship and we can be be famous for 15 minutes on the that Discovery channel show Shipping Wars. :punk:

If no one wants it whole I'll pull the ring and pinion, axles and brakes and piece meal sell the parts and let a local craigslist scrapper have the cast iron housing (best thing ever :thumb: they do the lifting!)

Should be out from under my jeep in a week or so

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
scratch that! took it out yesterday and the passenger side brakes were toast, the brake lines are toast, the sway bar bolts snapped off. I need the breather fitting. To much missing to be considered complete

If interested I'm pulling the 4.10 ring and pinion (still excellent shape , axle shafts (passenger good, driver is spare worthy) and a few other misc parts for sale off of it.

ITS NO LONGER COMPLETE.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only thing left is a D35 4.10 ring and pinion, complete open diff carrier assembly with the spider gears and center pin, and the yoke for the driveshaft. two good backing plates for the brakes and passenger ebrake cable

make an offer

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
how much would it cost to ship to 46835?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I can get it all to fit in a flat rate 15.00 box. If not it should be close to the 15-18 dollar mark

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
two drum brake backing plates and passenger e-brake cable is all thats left

1 - 6 of 6 Posts