Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my husband used to be an off roader. He sold his big bad jeep after kids enterd the pic. Latly he has gotten back into playing in the mudd, he has restored a vw into an off road baha.
Ok to my question. I want to join him off road by purchasing a jeep of my own and learning how to fix it up.
I am interseted in the 2004 sahara. I can't put my finger on what makes them different from a wrangler.. somehow seems bigger?
Can you tell me anything? I am at a complete loss for differences. I want to make an educated purchase on my own. Because if I let him do the picking ... well then it's his jeep.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Sahara is just a trim level on a Wrangler. Usually they have plushier stuff. The only reason I can think that you might think it seems bigger is if it's an Unlimited. Unlimiteds are 04-06 TJ's that have a longer wheelbase than regular TJ's. They are commonly referred to as LJ's.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Saharas are laoded they come with all the good stuff for daily driving and cost alittle more . If your going to play in the mud I would go with a rubicon they are a stronger build and ready for offroad .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to start hunting a rubicon! How are they on daily use? regular road driving? after a lift has been added do you find that they loose smoothness?

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
Rubicons are just a regular TJ's with added goodies.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'll have to start hunting a rubicon! How are they on daily use? regular road driving? after a lift has been added do you find that they loose smoothness?

They are fine, as all TJs are, for daily use if built with that in mind. My 98 TJ rides better with the small lift and Rubicon Express twin tube shocks than my stock 97 TJ does. Gas mileage is bad for daily use. If you get a Rubicon model, you'll automatically have the 6 cylinder motor which is better for gas mileage if you want to run a larger tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts