Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best headunit, amp, sub, speakers, and tweeters combination... Sorry about the big list, but I definetly want a touch screen headunit. I'd like the sound to be loud and clear, and the base to be not overwhelming, but want it to thump a little. Thanks so much, any advice helps.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
It depends on the year of your Jeep. The Alpine PDX-V9 is an excellent amp to build a sound system around.

Depending on the year, your speaker sizes change.

Depending on the year, your stock subwoofer changes.

Depending on the year, your radio din size changes.

All of these things will affect your audio upgrade considerations.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I replaced my head unit fairly recently with a pioneer app radio 3 - love it. Before I replaced the head unit I had the audiocontrol lc6i with the set up below and it is almost as good.

Polk tweeters
Polk speakers
Polk sub in a stealth pod

Why Polk?

Great sound and water resistant

·
Registered
539 Posts
I planned on getting this headunit, but I'm not sure if it will work with upgraded speakers, amp, and sub (I'm an EXTREME beginner at this)

Soundstream VR-701 DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com
The unit has pre-outs to connect the external amps so it will work. Why did you select this unit? There are several double din touch screens on the market that will fit the factor location when used in conjunction with the Metra 95-6511 mounting bracket.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the way it looks and I figured my little sister would get a kick out of playing with it, seems like a pretty good little unit

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got the Appradio 3 HU and i love it. before that i had a AVH-X4500BT and that was sweet also. I think if you have a smart phone the appradio is the way to go.

As for speakers, I have a 2013 2Dr with no stock sub. I got Focal Access 6.5" 2 Component Speakers in the front and Coaxial version for the sound bar. They have AMAZING highs and good lows and mids. I have a super cheap crappy amp that only puts out around 25-30 watts RMS and the speakers can handle 120 watts RMS. I would defiantly recommend theses speakers. Im looking at getting a better 4 channel amp for them because my amp cant power them loud enough.
Amazon.com : 165A1 - Focal Access 6.5" 2 Way Component Speakers : Component Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics
Amazon.com : Focal Access 165 CA1 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speaker Kit : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
This might sound kind a dumb but at looking at the size of the dash grills looks like a 6X9 might fit
I to am some what disappointed with the volume - lack of - with the upgraded alpine and am looking for richer full sounding jeep
Also is it true the system is only 2ohm

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok..since we are talking about this,
I have a proposed upgrade in mind and would like some feed back
I would like to retain the stock look and not have to splice into any wires yet get good sound quality
I have a 2014 JKU with base system,
I want to add a sub and amp and swap all 4 spks.
I am thinking about the 77kck053 amp since it retains all the factory wiring, now assuming that the stock speakers are 2 ohms, and this amp supposedly is to work with the stock... I am looking at changing the speakers to infinity kappa or jbls which have 2 ohm models.
Now for the sub, this amp is a 4.1 so there is a dedicated crossover LFE high power channel coming out of it to be able to power a sub,obviously I will need an amplified sub such as a basslink maybe .. Problem is all subs have 2 channel inputs ... Any suggestions how to wire this..
I would appreciate ur input

1 - 18 of 18 Posts