Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a camera and some kicker compent speakers for christmas so i figured i would post up the install. and there is a bunch of pictures so ill post a couple replies of pictures.

1. empty sound bar.

2. empty sound bar.

3. the old sounbar speaker covers.

4. surface mounting the new tweeter mounts.

5. screwing in the threaded tweeter.

6. hiding the cross overs inside the sound bar and securing with tbt20(tbt20 is basically double stick tape and it is explained later in the post).

7. mounting the new kicker speakers(had to drill new holes but it is easy, just drilling through plastic.)

8. putting on the old speaker covers so that there isn't just holes in the middle of the sound bar.

9. Completed sound bar with new speaker wire coming out the right side(there is already a hole there so you just poke it though).

10. Completed sound bar now mounted in the jeep.(passanger side)

11. Completed sound bar now mounted in the jeep.(driver side)

12. the new speaker wire exiting the sound bar and will then be routed down the rollbar, along the kick panel, and ending up in the back of your stereo.

13. the new speaker wire meeting the stereo wires.(my Kenwood has purple/purple black and green/green black for rear right and left speakers).

Tell me what you think or if you have questions. I have been very impressed with sound quality in these speakers. Here is a link to the ones i installed-------- http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11517_Kicker-KS60.2.html

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i used this stuff called tbt20 to stick the crossovers to the inside of the sound bar and also i used it on the bottom of my amp so that it wouldn't rattle. Yes i did screw down my amp to the floor but the tbt20 stops rattling. It is basically a mixture between tape tar and glue.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And I decided to post my amp/sub set up. So my sub is concealed by a besttop insta-trunk and my amp is just under the back seat. I have a Rockford Fosgate P3S truck box 12" for the sub and my amp is a Rockford Fosgate Punch 500-1.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts