Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a cost-effective solution to re-fill my DuraTracs after airing down for off road. I only wheel a couple times a year, so permanent onboard air isn't a necessity (nor is the expense). Rather, I'd prefer to go with something I can toss in the back of the Jeep. Are there any 12V options or options that would work with the 110 outlet in my Jeep? I look forward to your recommendations.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,249 Posts
MV50 for the win. Hooks to the battery like jumper cables. Like $70ish

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Been thinking about a Viair maybe the 450, they're pretty reasonably priced at around $250. But my buddy who I wheel with just got the 10lb Power Tank, so I can hold off on that purchase for now.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I chose the Viair 88P. It's got decent specs and the price was right, about $68 bucks. I also got the Currie tire deflator, a Viair digital gauge and nice Coyote bag to store it all in. All together, I spend about $135.

I tested the deflator and it's gauge is dead on. I made sure all my tires were at the same air pressure and then deflated one to try the compressor. Went down to 20 pounds and then aired back up to 34. Took about 2:00 minutes to air up. Not bad considering I'm at 4500 feet. It took a few tries to figure out how best to operate the deflator but once I got it I could have a tire deflated in less than 30 seconds or so.

If you're looking for a system to air down and back up without breaking the bank, I think this is a good way to go. Got it all at Amazon. The bag is a Rothco medium mechanics bag. You could save a few bucks with another brand of compressor but I decided to go with a known quantity.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much! This forum is awesome, and these recommendations are exactly what I needed. I appreciate the help. Thanks again!

·
Registered
546 Posts
MV50 for the win. Hooks to the battery like jumper cables. Like $70ish
/\ this...best bang for the buck in my opinion. I have had mine for over 3 years and used the heck out of it and works pretty darn quick. Just dont use them on over four tires without letting it have a break. Amazon had em pretty cheap like 60 bucks shipped not too long ago
Cameron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts