Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my battery and leed ends and also the a computer reflash from a forum I found on here. Now the jeep won't start and none of the gauges work on the cluster. I found a blown fuse under the hood and replaced it but still nothing.

Please help!!
Thanks josh

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Any chance in changing over your lead ends you briefly shorted them out?
Since you had a blown fuse, you may have blown the fusible link to the alternator.
It provides power to quite a few things other then the alternator.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Flashing the ECU

On the 2010 JKUS I had a while back, I took it to the dealer for an oil change. Jeep ran great until they did what they called "a required flash for my computer". Never ran as good as it did prior to them "fixing it. They also charged me $7.50 to "top off" the nitrogen in one of my tires. They stated that since I purchased my Jeep from another dealer they don't have to honor the free life time fills. Burger Chrysler gets a :flipoff: :facepalm:

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you're asking about the dealer, it's in Terre Haute Indiana

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
The fusable link is located between the alternator & battery. The cable between the alternator & battery is a black 6 gauge wire, in the middle of it is a 10 gauge dark green wire which is the fusable link. That dark green color may is accurate for '97 but it may be/probably is the same color for other model years as well. Disconnect one end of that wire & do a continuity test on it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Might try pressing the accelerator while cranking I had to do that with mine when I replaced the pcm after it filled up with oil. Once it is running and relearned you wont need to do that.

·
Registered
540 Posts
touch the cable to the opposite side and you could have blown your ecu. I had a g/f try charging a battery on a Hyundai by crossing the terminals and it blew her computer.
nothing ever ran until we changed it. <the computer> <<10 years ago>>
just a thought.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts