Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm potentially picking up a new Hard Rock this week from a dealer a few hours away from home. I'd like to confirm with them that they have 100% of the included "accessories" ready to go when I get there as going back to get anything missing would be very inconvenient.

What am I expecting to get when I take delivery? It will have the Dual Top Group if that adds to the list.

Thanks!

ac

·
Registered
661 Posts
1. Red trail bag with synthetic rope, d rings, etc
2. 2x coat hangers
3. 4x grab bars
4. I think the soft top includes 3 boxes for all the hardware.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
for the 4 dr you should get:

-4 grab handles that velcro to the roll bar
-2 coat hanger loops that velcro to the roll bar
-mopar tool kit - little green bag with a ratchet and some sockets to remove the top
-front license plate bracket
-reversible mat for cargo area with carpet on one side, rubber on the other side
-rubber floor mats
-mopar recovery kit - red bag containing tow strap, gloves, 2 D rings
-whatever extra stuff comes with the soft top

can't think of anything else.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
... , d rings, etc
I believe the kit now comes with only one D ring.

Though, yes, a few people here have reported that if you throw a rather vivid temper tantrum, screaming and thrashing around on the showroom floor, Jeep will send you a second D ring just to shut you up.

BTW, since last October, the Trail/Recover Kit gets shipped inside the vehicle, and no longer shipped separately to the dealer's parts dept.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
-rubber floor mats
Yes, the "tire track" mats, and these are in place of the carpeted ones (you don't get both).

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

Though, yes, a few people here have reported that if you throw a rather vivid temper tantrum, screaming and thrashing around on the showroom floor, Jeep will send you a second D ring just to shut you up.
Walt, you're pretty funny for Oh-dark-thirty on a Sunday morning, what octane coffee are you drinking :)

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

BTW, since last October, the Trail/Recover Kit gets shipped inside the vehicle, and no longer shipped separately to the dealer's parts dept.
2 D rings here. Guess writing them a massive check gets you perks :bop:

·
Registered
90 Posts
for the 4 dr you should get:

-mopar tool kit - little green bag with a ratchet and some sockets to remove the top
-reversible mat for cargo area with carpet on one side, rubber on the other side
-rubber floor mats

can't think of anything else.
This is pretty accurate and includes everything that came with mine.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

I got one of the first '16 HRs. I ordered in July as soon as the banks opened. Mine was delivered in September and so it was still shipped to the parts dept, which means mine may be an older kit, but I got 2 D-rings.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Sorry, I don't have a list of parts, as you asked. But, I would suggest you call your salesperson ahead of time, and let him/her know you expect the items ready before closing the deal. If you do, I'll bet they're there. From what I've read around here, it isn't uncommon for buyers to have to make repeated attempts to claim their property. If you're in a hurry, and they claim they haven't shipped with the Jeep, tell them to put what is owed in writing and that they will ship to your house.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, I don't have a list of parts, as you asked. But, I would suggest you call your salesperson ahead of time, and let him/her know you expect the items ready before closing the deal. If you do, I'll bet they're there. From what I've read around here, it isn't uncommon for buyers to have to make repeated attempts to claim their property. If you're in a hurry, and they claim they haven't shipped with the Jeep, tell them to put what is owed in writing and that they will ship to your house.
That's EXACTLY my intent and why I started this thread. It seems to me like a "sticky" with "What to expect when you're expecting your new Jeep" would be very useful as it seems a lot of new buyers come here to find out they were gypped a few items at the sale and have to go back to argue for them.

ac

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Freedom panel zip bag came with my Rubicon. Should that be on the list, too?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dang, only got one D-ring when I picked mine up in late December. I thought that was a bit odd, but never crossed my mind to throw a tantrum. I'm afraid it'd just look silly now a month and a half later to walk in and get upset. Maybe my check wasn't as massive since the only extra I got was a hardtop, lol.

But yes, freedom panel bag should be there if you order a hard top.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Running List

-rubber floor mats
-mopar recovery kit - red bag containing tow strap, gloves, 2? D rings
-Freedom panel bag

·
Registered
2020 High Altitude Diesel
218 Posts
That does make some sense that it I didnt get it. When I got the Jeep home I noticed empty plastic bags in the console storage area. I ran the numbers on the bags and found that it was the grab handles. I contacted the dealer and they got me another set. Their excuse is that someone must have taken it on a test drive and lifted them. Even though a sales person has to go along.

Anyway I will contact the dealer and see what they have to say.

Does anyone have a picture and part number of this bag?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts