Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it the 9145? I was about to pull them out and replace them but look at the rear harness it looks different then the 9145?

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Link to similar thread.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hilldweller,

I understand there isn't an upgrade for the bulb. Do you know if there is a fog light you would recommend that has the same wiring harness? For example I have the Fab Fours Stubby bumper. It has slots cut out for OE factory housing. I would like to swap them out with Hella, Bosh etc but I am not sure the wiring harness is the same.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Hilldweller,

I understand there isn't an upgrade for the bulb. Do you know if there is a fog light you would recommend that has the same wiring harness? For example I have the Fab Fours Stubby bumper. It has slots cut out for OE factory housing. I would like to swap them out with Hella, Bosh etc but I am not sure the wiring harness is the same.
No, not the same.
But if you can rig the lamp to fit, you can have Daniel Stern or Rallylights.com build you a harness to power it.

That's a lot of trouble though.
I'd just mount the OEs in the bumper and mount a nice set of drivers on the bumper. So much less hassle.

If you want to upgrade something that's stock, upgrade the headlights with Stern's Cibie kit; then you won't need foglights...

·
Registered
202 Posts
No, not the same.
But if you can rig the lamp to fit, you can have Daniel Stern or Rallylights.com build you a harness to power it.

That's a lot of trouble though.
I'd just mount the OEs in the bumper and mount a nice set of drivers on the bumper. So much less hassle.

If you want to upgrade something that's stock, upgrade the headlights with Stern's Cibie kit; then you won't need foglights...
Sounds good. Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was going to upgrade but after researching all the options it isn't worth it. So I did the headlights with the Silver Stars from Sylvania and I am happy with the additional brightness, I think ANYTHING is better the stock.

So of course I start to look a pair of lights to mount up front, then start looking at bumbers then winches, now I have emptied all my pockets....just need to make up my mind. Oh also want the teraflex leveling kit!

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
So I did the headlights with the Silver Stars from Sylvania and I am happy with the additional brightness

Sylvania Silverstars aren't brighter. They filter out reds, oranges, and yellows to accent the blue --- which is hard for your eyes to focus on or with. Which makes them look brighter.
But it's smoke and mirrors.
Unfortunately, we're not very good at determining brightness on our own; you have to trust meters and ignore marketing and hype.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts