Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird title i know, but i bought the jeep with what looks like a lift on it but im pretty sure it still has the stock shocks ad springs on it i know it has rough country dual stabilizer and thats all i really know about the underneath. so what could be done to it to still give it a lift without that stuff. yes I am a newb i dont know much about how a lift kit even works. heres a pic of my jeep idk if you can tell from here

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
The dual stabilizer does not mean that you have a lift kit, in fact I don't know of a lift that comes with one. That said, judging from the picture you attached, you do have trimmed fenders, which will give you more tire clearance. I would say that you may have some leveling pucks in there. It's hard to say without better pictures, and a little more info. What size tires are you currently running?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The dual stabilizer does not mean that you have a lift kit, in fact I don't know of a lift that comes with one. That said, judging from the picture you attached, you do have trimmed fenders, which will give you more tire clearance. I would say that you may have some leveling pucks in there. It's hard to say without better pictures, and a little more info. What size tires are you currently running?
Agreed...trimmed fenders and possible budget boost pucks?? Sweet alien...

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't think it has a lift at all. You're obviously a very very short person so the Jeep must appear that it is lifted. Ohhhh, and your skin color is ummmm, very strange.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LMAO yes only pic on work computer happened to have alien in it im looking thru stuff to find a better picture

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Some pics would help. If you took a few pictures of the springs, front and back, we could probably help more.

·
Registered
182 Posts
seams to have a puck by the aliens right ear. Someone else blow up the image to confirm. Tire size will help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
After looking at the latest pictures, and the fact you are running 315's I would say you probably have a 1.5-2.5" lift, and I also see some pucks up front, probably to level out with that steel bumper. Your sway bar end links are longer, and your springs appear longer as well. If you can get a picture of the under side later we can tell for sure, with track brackets and what-not.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After looking at the latest pictures, and the fact you are running 315's I would say you probably have a 1.5-2.5" lift, and I also see some pucks up front, probably to level out with that steel bumper. Your sway bar end links are longer, and your springs appear longer as well. If you can get a picture of the under side later we can tell for sure, with track brackets and what-not.
well i added the steel bumper, there was a stock bumper that had just been cut before. so what are pucks and so if he upgraded springs he wouldn't have had to upgrad the shocks, ill get a pic when i get home

·
Registered
55 Posts
well i added the steel bumper, there was a stock bumper that had just been cut before. so what are pucks and so if he upgraded springs he wouldn't have had to upgrad the shocks, ill get a pic when i get home
The puck spacers over the top of the springs are used to level out the front end. Some jeeps have more rake than others, mine did so a leveling puck is used to get rid of that. That said, most aftermarket lifts will compensate for this with the springs, sometimes it takes care of the rake, sometimes not. Some springs will sag over time, which could be another possibility. Get those pictures, and we can see what's going on. There's also a formula to measure lift height over stock, but since you're going to be out there take the pictures, it's more fun that way!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The puck spacers over the top of the springs are used to level out the front end. Some jeeps have more rake than others, mine did so a leveling puck is used to get rid of that. That said, most aftermarket lifts will compensate for this with the springs, sometimes it takes care of the rake, sometimes not. Some springs will sag over time, which could be another possibility. Get those pictures, and we can see what's going on. There's also a formula to measure lift height over stock, but since you're going to be out there take the pictures, it's more fun that way!
lol so just pictures underneath the jeep, what do i take a picture of specifically?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts