Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver's side headlight went dead this morning on the way to work. Looking to replace both of them.

I read through a bunch of older posts about IPF lights, Phillips Xtrapower lights, etc. Does anyone have the part numbers of the YJ head lights they prefer? Having trouble telling if the lights I have now are H4 lights, H6014s or something else?

Looking for recommendations (with item numbers) on a decent headlight set I can drop in without rewiring.

Denis

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just replaced both mine last weekend from auto zone I used OEM replacement h6054 by sylvania

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just did mine a month ago due to traveling from state to state and I also did the Silvia's, but I did the silver light and those are bright! I get a lot of brights flickering at me to tell me there on...so I actually turn them on and the other car freaks out haha. Good brand and nice and bright at night.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just ordered a set of the H6054STs from Amazon, $35 for 2 with shipping.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
H4 is just a blub that goes in a light fixture an't it? I run the Silvia's silvers and love them.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
You need to get H6054 sealed lights for a direct replacement.

OR you can get some H6054 sealed beam conversion lights. They're all over the web, lets you use H4 bulbs, and generally they spread the light out a lot better without it being blinding to other drivers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quadra tec has some hella and another brand Delta ? replacements that have the H4 style bulbs to update the old sealed beams. Anyone use either of these upgrades yet ?

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as your light going out...was it old?
mine were doing that...come to find out it wasnt the bulb at all...I pulled the connector loose added some dielectric grease to it and havent had a problem since..
I'm guessing it was pretty old. Both of the lights have a lot of yellowing on them. Looks like they are either the originals or were replaced a long while ago.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Convert them to Euro Style and throw in some HID'sor easy to replace bulbs is Best way to go. If you go this route make sure the housing is made of GLASS not that cheapo plastic.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Euro style headlights are illegal in the states, the beam widths are just way too wide. Europe and america both have different vehicle headlight standards.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I had always thought that the style is called "euro". meaning that you can remove the bulb out of the housing/lens with out changing the whole housing like "sealed beams".

I may be wrong, but any 7x6 housing would work for the square style jeep headlights. No clue about the round ones.

If you do purchase them just make sure that they are glass housings, not plastic.
this is where i had purchased mine
http://www.slickcar.com/details/1032-h4-headlight-conversion.asp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts