Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - so I am looking for top options for my 2dr JK sahara (status: D1) and after reviewing PDF installation instructions and sifting through forum posts I am still not sure what's what. I'd like to find a an easier up/down top option that is weatherproof and can be used with my soft top attached but down and the rear set intact. Can someone sort we out on any options (if I have them) that might work or clarify what some of the part/pieces are?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Are you asking for something like an emergency top? They make them, but limit you to about 45MPH.

Why wouldn't you just raise your soft top if it started to rain and you had it folded down in the back? Am I missing something? Maybe if you explain a little bit more we can help with more options.

You might also ask in the Soft Top HELP!!! thread. Lots of really knowledgeable guys there (definitely not me, I am still a novice. :) ).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why wouldn't you just raise your soft top if it started to rain and you had it folded down in the back? Am I missing something? Maybe if you explain a little bit more we can help with more options.
I have seen some cool bikini/tunneau covers that look like you can pop'em off real quick. I just can't seem to figure out how to tell the degree to which they are weather-tight (I park outside) but I'd have a lot of daily drives to work that could be top down - but it seems like taking the soft top up and (with the windows) is a PITA.

Or, I could be overthinking it....

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Mind you, I am by NO means a soft top expert. I believe the problem with all the bikini/duster options is they are just not weather proof. There's always some gap left somewhere. I know, I know, it's a jeep and it has drain plugs. Even so, I still don't want my jeep getting wet just because it HAS drain plugs. There are too many other things that CAN'T get wet, like your clock spring and dash...

Mike only has a hard top, but he loves to go topless or topless and doorless. To make that easier for him I got him a Rain Gear cover that he can throw over it easy enough when he is out. The fit on that thing is incredible! He already has a SpiderWebShade to keep some of the sun off, and coupled with the cover, he's pretty much good to go, any time any where.

I still need more practice with my soft top to be able to raise/lower it by myself. It's not too hard or too heavy, it's just awkward for me still. I'm sure once I've used it more, I'll be able to do it much easier. I'm lucky being 5'10" that I don't have the height issues lots of women do trying to raise/lower the top themselves.

I know it's still not the answer you're looking for, but hopefully it will help a little bit...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts