Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading back on different threads and I'm looking for some help regarding wheels and tires. I'm getting a 3.5" lift but I don't know which road to take. I have buyer's remorse but haven't bought anything yet.

Originally I was looking for dunlop fierce attitude tires (original recommendation), the Suburban Tire guy said they're all sold out. Then he recommended Nitto tires. Now I read a post where they bought Duratrac tires but went down in wheel size and said it drives well and is lighter. Here's the thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/showthread.php?t=96568

I'm looking for a durable tire, good in the snow for the Chicago winters, all terrain, quiet, but ultimately must be comfortable as I can drive pretty far distances in the Jeep ? each day. I'd like to stay at 33's ideally.

Am I just over thinking it? It's just a lot of money to shell out for an uncomfortable ride.

·
Retired Moderator
101,536 Posts
You should receive more response in this Forum.

For your climate, the BFG KO2's would be another good option.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
You can't beat the GY Duratrac in winter conditions. They are like glue. I also live in the Chicagoland area so I'm familiar with the weather. When we had the huge blizzard a couple years back I was out driving through it with no issues. I also drove on a frozen lake with them and they were able to start and stop with no issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts