Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So here is the situation. I found a very unique hardtop on EBay for $400. However, the set backs are that the person selling the top lives in Plymouth, Massachusetts and I live in Southern California and he/she can't deliver the package. This person said that they do not have a vehicle with which to drop the hardtop off at any delivery service station, nor do they have a box that is big enough to fit the top in.
I sent this person a message asking if they would be willing to ship the item if I, myself, arrange and pay for a pick up delivery service that can box the item and deliver it across the country to the LA/Long Beach area. The person agreed and now I have a dilemma on my hands that I thought wouldn't be that much of a dilemma anyway. I can't seem to find a pickup/delivery service that would be able to box the top and delivery it to me.
Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Has anybody come across a situation like this before? Any help would be more than well appreciated.

P.S. Would a Jeep YJ hardtop be considered an oversized package or a freight package.

P.P.S. Does anybody have the measurements for a YJ hard top? I.E. W x H x L

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
try FedEx Freight? Thats gonna be a big damned box. I would just schedule them to stop by FedEx, throw in a pallet, and have it shipped to the closest FedEx distro to you. Freight isn't cheap though.

·
Vendor
5,682 Posts
Hardtops are absolutely freight. You'll need to palletize it. And you'll most likely need to provide a pick-up and drop-off point with a loading dock, or pay a lot extra for a truck with liftgate. Most freight companies won't pick up or deliver to non-business addresses.

Hard tops are a massive pain to ship. It's one of the big reasons Bestop is getting out of that business.

·
Registered
230 Posts
See if the guy you bought from has a friend with a truck. Offer to pay the friend for the pick and delivery to a shipping location.

·
Registered
593 Posts
OK, Now i need to ask since no one else did...... How unique is this hardtop that your willing to pay a huge amount of money on freight chagres to get it to you???? I need a pic.. :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
X2 dude its gonna cost a mad amount of money to have that thing shipped to you. Find one local

·
Registered
455 Posts
OK, Now i need to ask since no one else did...... How unique is this hardtop that your willing to pay a huge amount of money on freight chagres to get it to you???? I need a pic.. :D
I know.

I saw one not too long ago on Ebay that was all leopard, maybe it was that one? :p

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
I would suggest an expedited service , or fedex custom critical. Or just wait for the summer and I'll be happy to drive it across country for a per mile fee :)

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
look up car transport companies. you could get lucky and find one coming across country that would bring it for less than shipping it.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Do you have pictures of this top?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts