Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I feel like I need to go somewhere!!! I posted in another thread that I recently bought a Congo Cage Rack from Kargo Master, and just thought I'd show it off a bit. I got my Yakima bars and bike racks up, along with the Thule box that we normally use on the mini-van for family trips.

All in all, the installation went pretty smoothly. I pre-fitted all the parts to make sure I had the rights ones in the right places, and checked all the hardware, too. The only real casualty was my right tailight bulb that got broken when the tailgate swung open while the tailight was still hanging behind it. The rack is VERY solid, and I think that wrapping the front bar with rope did the trick to avoid a humming noise that other customers have complained of in various posts.

Here are some pics:

Thanks for looking!

Rich

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, almost forgot, I got the rack from 4WheelParts. My plan was to have it shipped to a local store and pick it up to save shipping, but the customer service rep said that he'd ship it to my house and waive the charges. So, they saved me some bucks, and a trip to San Jose! :) Ordering was quick and easy, product shipped the next day, and showed up at my door two days later. Happy customer.

Rich

·
Registered
871 Posts
I also have one, and am pretty happy with it. I haven't had that humming noise issue that others have. And they are rock solid.

My only issues are decreased mileage (seriously; like ~2 MPGs highway) and now the round LED taillight mod is no longer an option. I am sure I could eventually mod the rear supports to the rear bumper tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts