Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having a hard time trying to figure out how to connect this harness https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/products/differentials-traction-control/elocker/Eaton-ELocker-Wiring-Harness-Labeled.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,3,-251 to my spod (+) and (-).
should i connect the signal wire to the positive on the spod switch connector i want to use and run the circuit breaker wiring directly to the battery?

ideally, i would use the locker switch provided with the lockout function, but it doesnt fit in the spod, atleast without using a dremel to enlarge the opening.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Assuming the signal on the "signal circuit" is positive and not negative (check that first) just connect the "signal circuit" wire off the harness to a relay output on the spod.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming the signal on the "signal circuit" is positive and not negative (check that first) just connect the "signal circuit" wire off the harness to a relay output on the spod.

thats exactly what i was thinking, connect the signal wire to one of the outputs on the spod. this is the wiring diagram of the circuit https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/products/differentials-traction-control/elocker/Eaton-ELocker-wiring-schematic.pdf

EDIT: it looks like switch #1 is connecting the ground and not the power to activate the circuit. can someone confirm that? i need to ground the signal wire?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
EDIT: it looks like switch #1 is connecting the ground and not the power to activate the circuit. can someone confirm that? i need to ground the signal wire?

It's a positive trigger voltage. Okay to connect the yellow signal wire directly to a spod output. You shouldn't need the fuse (the 12 volt ignition fuse... the other one you need) since the spod's output is probably fused already. Although, I would suggest dropping that fuse down to 5 or 10 amps. Spods are usually fused at 30 (or so) amps per circuit and you don't need that much to trigger a relay.

The supplied switch is a lighted one. The ground is for the LED.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a positive trigger voltage. Okay to connect the yellow signal wire directly to a spod output. You shouldn't need the fuse (the 12 volt ignition fuse... the other one you need) since the spod's output is probably fused already. Although, I would suggest dropping that fuse down to 5 or 10 amps. Spods are usually fused at 30 (or so) amps per circuit and you don't need that much to trigger a relay.

The supplied switch is a lighted one. The ground is for the LED.

gotcha. thanks for the help Bob!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got the lockers wired up to the spod on the farthest switches to the right today. now, im wondering what way i should go to lock out those switches. should i do a separate switch to disable the ground to those two switches, or go with these lockout switches?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts